The Grêmio Recreativo Escola de Samba Imperatriz Leopoldinense was founded on march 6th 1959 by Amaury Jório, José da Silva (Zé Gato), Elísio Pereira de Mello, Agenor Gomes Pereira, Vicente Venâncio da Conceição, Jorge Costa (Tinduca), Manoel Vieira (Sagui), Aloísio Soares Braga (Índio), Francisco José Fernandes(Canivete) and Osvaldo Gomes Pereira (the first president), amongst others dissenters from Recreio de Ramos, present at the meeting at Amaury Jório’s house. In its flag, through 11 golden stars, Leopoldina’s neighborhoods are remembered. The samba-school’s flag is green and white, remembering the colors of its Godmother Samba School – the Império Serrano. From 1992 to 2009, the school had a carnival as a teacher, artist, set designer and costume designer Rosa Magalhães, who has five titles to college.
Colors: Green, Golden and White
Drummers’ Queen: Cris Viana
President: Luiz Pacheco Drumond
Carnavalesco: Cahê Rodrigues